Peach Streusel Slab Pie
Summer peach slab pie doesn't cut any corners and feeds a large crowd! No dough rolling needed, recipe uses the easier press-in method which is a real time saver. Switch it up by substituting pecans or skinned hazelnuts for the almonds in the streusel toppings. Enjoy!
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
- 2 sticks (1-cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into small pieces, plus more for greasing the baking sheet
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds peaches (about 6-peaches), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced skin-on almonds
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Rimmed 10-X-15-inch baking sheet
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Adjust a rack to the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 375°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a rimmed 10-X-15-inch baking sheet with butter.
Combine the butter, flour, confectioners' sugar and salt in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together in a solid mass (this may take a few minutes). Drop pieces of the dough all over the prepared baking sheet. Use your fingers to press the dough evenly along the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan, filling any gaps. Set aside.
Toss together the peaches, brown sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl until the cornstarch dissolves. Transfer the filling onto the crust and spread in an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
While the pie bakes, make the streusel topping by combining the flour, almonds, brown sugar, melted butter and salt in a small bowl until evenly moistened.
Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the streusel evenly over the filling. Return the pie to the oven and bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes more. (If the crust browns too quickly during baking, cover the pie loosely with foil.)
Let the pie cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Cherry Slab Pie 4.4/5 (64 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Hot Fudge Sundae Poke Cake Recipe 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Vidalia Onion Cheese... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Spicy Orange Beef 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Eggnog Monkey Bread 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Apricot Brandy and Peach Schnapps... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)