Melt In Your Mouth Blueberry Cake
This cake truly does melt in your mouth. Impress family and friends with fresh blueberries at the peak of their season in summer—if there's any left!
- 1 ⁄2 cup butter, or margarine
- 1 ⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⁄3 cup milk
- 2 egg white
- 1 ⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
Adapted from kitchme.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt, vanilla extract, and egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Strawberry 7-Up Cake 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Apple Dump Cake 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Strawberry Shots 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- White Russian Pudding Shots 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Toffee Cupcakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Low Carb No Bake Cheesecake 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Best Ever Blueberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Southern Praline Cake 4.1/5 (83 Votes)
Review this recipe