Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Bars
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter (2 sticks)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 C. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Adapted from thibeaultstable.com
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
Cream the cream cheese with sugar. Add beaten egg and vanilla. Stir well to combine. Drop by tablespoon over the blueberries.
Crumble remaining dough over the top.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen's Vidalia Onion Cheese... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamy Asiago Chicken and Mushroom... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Spicy Orange Beef 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Avocado Bacon Omelets 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Moonshine Julep 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- "Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars" 4.4/5 (21 Votes)