Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas
6 Smart Points
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 4 medium scallions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 potato, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cumin, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
In a mini food processor or you can chop by hand finely chop tomato, garlic and cilantro.
In a large skillet, brown turkey and season with salt and cumin to taste.
When meat is browned and cooked through add scallions, chopped tomato mixture, peas, potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt and bay leaf.
Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are cooked through, about 25 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed. Remove bay leaf and serve over rice.
You'll also love
- One Pan Pork Chops and Veggies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sissy's Special Hamburgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Cake with 7-Minute Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Company Cabbage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nuyorican Style Arroz con Maíz y... 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cheese Mini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Asparagus Roll-ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Ground... 0/5 (0 Votes)