Nuyorican Style Arroz con Maíz y Salchichas ( New York Puerto Rican Style Rice with Corn and Vienna Sausage)
- 2 cups of Medium Grained Rice (or long grain...whatever).
- 2 cups water (or fresh chicken broth if you have it).
- Approx. 1/3 cup of sofrito (didn't really measure lol).
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sazon with Azafran (I made mine, but you can use 1 envelope of Goya Sazon).
- Dash of salt (or to taste).
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil (didn't really measure that either).
- 1 small can of Sweet Corn (drained)
- 1 small can Vienna Sausages (drained, sliced in half or thirds)
- 2 tbsp. Olives (or less if you are not a big fan).
Adapted from facebook.com
Rinse the rice.
Heat the canola oil and saute the sofrito for 2 minutes.
Add the sazon, water (or chicken broth), salt, corn (drained), olives and Vienna sausages. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. When you have a full boil, add the rice stir to mix well with all the ingredients. Continue to cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated and you no longer see the water bubbling under the rice (but don't let it get too dry). Turn the rice over mixing the ingredients well and forming a dome-like shape. Put it on LOW heat, cover with tight lid and DO NOT UNCOVER for 20 minutes.
Serve with fried plantain and sliced avocado.
You'll also love
- BROWN SUGAR BACON WAFFLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE BEIGNETS (FRENCH APPLE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom & Stracciatella Toasts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls with Cinnamon... 1.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Cornish Hen and Grapes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PORCHETTA STYLE SAUSAGE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Enhanced Jiffy Corn Muffins (9x13... 0/5 (0 Votes)