Beef Pot Roast - Instant Pot
This classic and comforting Beef Pot Roast with Potatoes is quickly prepared and made even more delicious using an Instant Pot.
- 1 (3 to 4-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 pounds small (1 to 3-inch) Yukon Gold potatoes
- Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Pat beef dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper/Cavender's. Select Saute and add oil to the cooking pot. When hot, brown roast on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a platter when browned.
Add the chopped onions to the oil in the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth and simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Scrape up all the browned bits stuck on the bottom of the pot while broth is simmering.
Put the browned pot roast and any accumulated juices in the pressure cooking pot. Add seasonings and lock lid in place.
Select High Pressure and set the timer for 45 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and allow pressure to release naturally for 25 minutes or until pin has dropped down. Remove roast, cover with foil and let it rest until ready to serve.
Put potatoes in pot; lock the lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
Carefully remove lid. Remove potatoes.
To thicken gravy, mix the slurry ingredients and add to juices in the pot. Cook while stirring on Saute until thickened.
Notes: The first time I made this I put in carrots with the potatoes; the gravy ended up tasting like carrots. Cook carrots separately.
You'll also love
- Honey Glazed Ham 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Spicy Chili French Fries 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY SWEET SALAD 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp pasta with arugula,... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Classic Margaritas 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Copycat Chipotle... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Grandma Bea's Always Moist Roast... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken, Pineapple and Coconut... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)