Chicken Paprika in Sour Cream Gravy in an Instant Pot
Chicken paprika in a sour cream sauce is quick and easy to make in an Instant Pot. Serve over hot rice or mix with pasta for a quick dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use ghee)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken base (I use "Better than Bullion") mixed into 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Additional paprika, for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Add butter to Instant Pot, turn to saute' until hot. Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika on a plate.
Dip chicken breasts in seasoned flour, coating well. Add chicken to cooker, lightly browning on both sides. Using tongs, remove chicken from pot.
Add onion and cook/stir until translucent; add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Return chicken to pot and pour chicken broth to cover.
Lock lid, set to high, and cook 8 minutes.
Let pressure release naturally 10 minutes before quick releasing remaining pressure and safely removing the lid.
Use tongs to set aside chicken breasts. Make sauce by using saute' setting on high with the lid off, and wait until cooking liquid is simmering. Thoroughly combine sour cream and cornstarch, then slowly stir into simmering liquid until fully integrated and sauce is creamy and thick. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour some sauce over chicken and serve topped with parsley and a pinch of paprika.
Excellent over rice.
This is from Bob Warden's "Slow Food Fast" book.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Crack Cake 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Corn and Cheese... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- 7-Layer Salad 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Lasagna 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Giada's Italian Wedding Soup 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- French Hamburgers 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Christmas Eve Creamy Slow-Cooker... 4/5 (125 Votes)