Chicken & Dumplings Pot Pie
Which do you want for dinner tonight, chicken & dumplings or pot pie? Now you don't have to choose with my Chicken & Dumplings Pot Pie recipe!
Tip: You can use rotisserie chicken for this recipe to streamline your prep process.
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 (10.5-oz) cans chicken gravy
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3-1/2 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
Adapted from qvc.co
Combine the chicken, peas and carrots, 1 can of the chicken gravy, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp of the thyme and mix until incorporated. Divide the mixture evenly among 6 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze overnight, or until you’re ready to bake the muffins.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 6-cup Texas-size muffin pan with cooking spray.
Mix together the all-purpose baking mix, buttermilk, milk, and remaining thyme in a medium-size bowl until smooth. Fill each muffin pan cup approximately 1/3 of the way full with the dumpling dough.
Remove the chicken filling from the freezer and run the bottom side of the muffin pan under warm water for 30 seconds, just to loosen the filling from the pan. Using a fork, pop the frozen fillings out and place one in the center of each dough cup. Divide the remaining dough over the top of each chicken filling, making sure the top layer of dough covers the filling entirely and connects to the bottom layer of dough. Bake for 45 minutes.
While the muffins are baking, heat the remaining can of chicken gravy and serve it with the finished muffins.
You'll also love
- Beer Can Chicken with Cola... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Colossal Club Sandwiches 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken & Biscuit Bake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Never-Fail Pound Cake 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Buttermilk Chicken 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Melissa's Southern Style Slow... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Super Easy Chicken... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)