Pork Chops & Rice in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
Quick and easy pork chops with onions and rice are made in a pressure cooker. Dinner is ready is less than 45 minutes!
- 4 pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick each
- Olive oil, or bacon grease
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- Salt and pepper or Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Season pork chops with salt and pepper. (I use Cavender’s instead.)
Set pot to saute’, add oil, and brown two chops on ONE side only; remove to plate and brown the other two chops on one side only. While the last two chops are browning, put in the onion and scrape it around the bottom of the pan (around the chops) to sort of deglaze. Remove chops to plate.
Pour a small amount of the broth into the pot and scrape bottom to deglaze.
Add rice, remainder of broth, pork chops, then soup.
High pressure for 12 minutes.
Unplug and natural release for 5 minutes.
Quick release remainder of pressure.
Unplug and let sit for 5 minutes.
Remove lid. Remove chops and stir rice.
If you'd like to use brown rice instead of white rice in the same pot with chops.
1 ½ cups long grain brown rice
3 cups liquid
High pressure 33 minutes
Let pot steam 10 minutes.
Remove lid. Stir rice.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.4/5 (476 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup for Weight... 4.1/5 (308 Votes)
- Apple Pie Bites 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- German Cheesecake 4.4/5 (93 Votes)
- Louisiana Gumbo 4.1/5 (111 Votes)
- Acid Reflux Smoothie 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cupcakes with Salted... 4.3/5 (81 Votes)
- 15 minute Black Bean and Corn Salsa 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Crock-Pot BBQ Ribs 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Enchilada Bake - Low Carb 4.1/5 (93 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala 4.1/5 (98 Votes)
- Bacon And Cheddar Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies & Simple... 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups ... 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Mary Berry's Manhattan Roulade 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Osso Bucco with Risotto Milanese 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mexican Roast & Pinto... 3.9/5 (99 Votes)
- Mozzarella Potato Pie 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Filled Strawberries 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Pretzels 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Vegan Sausage Patties 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey Legs 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken & Sausage Gumbo 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Cooking Prime Rib in a Convection... 3.5/5 (72 Votes)