Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Creamy chocolate fudge frosting makes a rich topping for your favorite dessert!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
Adapted from bing.com
Cook sugar, water, salt, chocolate and corn syrup over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Cover saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals on side of the pan. Uncover and continue cooking to soft ball stage 236°F. Remove from heat, add butter and cool to lukewarm. Add vanilla and beat until spreading consistency. If frosting becomes stiff, add small amount of hot water.
A note about spreading consistency- the frosting goes from very liquid to fudgy firm quickly. I find it best to beat just until it starts to thicken and then start pouring over the cake. Pour at a rate where the icing drips down the side without pooling too much at the bottom.
You'll also love
- Jello Shot Cupcakes 4.3/5 (75 Votes)
- Chevy's Sweet Corn Tomalito 3.7/5 (383 Votes)
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies & Simple... 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cake 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Hot Fudge Cake 4.2/5 (82 Votes)
- Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting 4.6/5 (51 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE CREAM FUDGE FROSTING 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginny Prouty's Chocolate cake with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe