Jello Shot Cupcakes
What fun! Jello Shot Cupcakes with Malibu coconut rum topped with whipped cream.
- JELLO SHOT CUPCAKES:
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3-ounce) package Jello Gelatin, any red flavor (I used strawberry)
- 1 cup Malibu coconut rum
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- BROKEN GLASS JELLO GARNISH:
- 4 small boxes (3-ounces each) Jell-O (I used strawberry, blackberry, lime, lemon)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 225mins
Prepare cake batter and bake as directed per box for cupcakes.
Fill cupcake liners about 1/2 to 2/3 full and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and poke holes in the cupcakes with a fork or toothpick.
In a separate bowl, stir boiling water into jello powder until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add rum. Spoon over cupcakes. (Don’t be shy with the jello. Be generous! 2, 3 to 4 spoonfuls!) Let cool before frosting with whipped cream.
Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whisk together on low until stiff peaks are formed. Change to medium speed and whisk until thick.
Make jello per package instructions for each flavor. After chilling for 4 hours (or overnight), cut them into small blocks.
Carefully mix the blocks in a 9 x 13-inch pan. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms (thickens), add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and dissolve. Add condensed milk. Stir and cool. Pour cooled milk mixture over jello and chill overnight.
Cut into blocks and garnish on top of cupcakes.
You'll also love
- Enchilada Bake - Low Carb 4.1/5 (130 Votes)
- Chevy's Sweet Corn Tomalito 3.7/5 (346 Votes)
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies & Simple... 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Fritos and Peanut Butter 3.8/5 (246 Votes)
- Candy Corn Cake Pops 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.4/5 (72 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds 4.4/5 (70 Votes)