Slow Cooker Lasagna
This lasagna is made easy using your slow cooker. Includes all of the ingredients you'd expect in a great tasting lasagna, including Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. If you like lasagna, you'll love this recipe!
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 (15-ounces each) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (8-ounces)
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 395mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.
Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
Something as simple as chopped fresh parsley will dress up this lasagna. Sprinkle on the parsley just before serving.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Calzones 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lucious Lemon Cream Fruit Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Scallopini with Brown Butter... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cuisine at Home Parmesan-Crusted... 3.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey mustard glazed corned beef... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Quick Julienned Vegetable Saute 4.6/5 (5 Votes)