Chicken Broccoli Calzones
IOLA EGLE • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Smoked mozzarella cheese and golden raisins add to the
excellent flavor of the broccoli and chicken in these
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain.
Sprinkle with sage; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the broccoli, chicken, cheese, basil and raisins; set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges
of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch
edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
3. With a sharp knife, make two slashes on each calzone.
Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400° for
18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Easiest Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Country Chicken Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan with Buffalo... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Stollen 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Bagliani’s Chicken Parmesan 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Focaccia Bread 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)