Cuisine at Home Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
Possibly the best chicken I ever had. The coating of fresh bread crumbs (try ciabatta), lemon zest and parsley adds such a nice flavor! Serve with Sage-Butter Sauce.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup coarse dry bread crumbs (best if
- freshly made)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon, minced
- TO SAUTE CHICKEN:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- (see directions for optional Sage-Butter Sauce)
Preheat oven to 450.
Prepare chicken breasts by pounding
Whisk egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon
juice in a pie plate.
Combine bread crumbs, parsley,
parmesan, salt, pepper, and zest in
another pie plate.
Dip chicken in egg mixture, then crust. Let rest on a rack 20-30 min.
Sauté chicken in oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, until golden and crisp on one side. Carefully turn. Transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking. Roast chicken until done, about 8 more minutes.
Serve with Sage-Butter Sauce:
3 Tablespoons shallot, minced
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup chicken stock
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
1-2 tsp fresh sage, minced
Salt, white pepper, cayenne to taste
Sauté shallot in butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, just until soft – 2-3 min. Add wine, cream, broth, and lemon juice. Simmer until reduced by half, 8-10 min. Whisk in butter, 1 Tbl at a time, stirring
constantly. Do not add more butter until previous addition has melted completely. Finish sauce with sage and seasonings. Keep warm over very low heat until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- The Easiest Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crepes à la Julia Child 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- French Country Chicken Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange Cream Bundt Cake 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Patty Parmesan 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Piccata - Giada De... 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe