Veal Scallopini with Brown Butter and Capers
- 3 * 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 * 1 pound thin veal scallopini (less than 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 * 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 tablespoons drained small capers
- 2 * 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat a 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until hot, then add oil and heat until it shimmers.
Meanwhile, stir together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then pat veal dry and dredge in flour, knocking off excess.
Cook veal in 2 batches, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
Discard oil from skillet, then add butter and cook over medium heat, shaking skillet frequently, until browned and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, capers, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Return veal to skillet just to heat through, then sprinkle with parsley.
You'll also love
- III Forks Cream Corn 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Antipasta 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Honey mustard glazed corned beef... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Mushroom Barley Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Portuguese Fisherman's Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Basic Venison Roast 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bourbon-Brown Sugar Venison Skewers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bayou Stuffed Catfish With Cajun... 5/5 (2 Votes)