Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb with Roasted Radishes & Orange Vinaigrette
Sweet and succulent roasted radishes drizzled with an orange vinaigrette make the perfect accompaniment to this tender, juicy herb crusted rack of lamb.
- 2 (1 to 1 1/2 pounds) lamb rib roasts (6 to 8 ribs each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds radishes, washed, trimmed, and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle meat with salt. Brush meat with mustard. In a small bowl combine parsley, oregano, thyme, garlic, and pepper. Sprinkle onto meat and press onto meat to adhere.
Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, arranging roasts to stand upright. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into one of the roasts; the thermometer should not touch bone. Drizzle radishes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and place around roasts in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes. Temperature of meat after standing should be 145°F. For medium, roast for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 150°F. Cover; let stand for 15 minutes. Temperature of meat after standing should be 160°F. To carve, slice between ribs.
In a small screw-top jar combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the sherry vinegar, orange peel, orange juice, and honey. Cover and shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over roasted radishes and serve with lamb.
You'll also love
- Grilled Flank Steak with Garlic... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Best Beef Brisket 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Rapscallion Burger with Pimento... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Braised Halibut with Leeks &... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Buttermilk Strawberry Shortcake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Quinoa Mexi-Lime Salad 4.2/5 (10 Votes)