Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake
I found this recipe for Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake on the food blog, "The Food Librarian". This recipe is similar to Texas Sheetcake for two reasons-- you use the stove to melt the ingredients, no mixer, and it has chocolate. Obviously, this recipe uses a bundt pan. This cake is moist, with just the right amount of cinnamon.
Definitely, a "go to" for a fast dessert for unexpected company.
For more pictures, please visit my food blog:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Grease a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
Put butter, water, oil, and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Then, add the buttermilk and baking soda.
Mix together the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl, and add to the batter.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in a bundt cake pan at 375°F for 30-35 minutes (the original recipe says 25 minutes but mine has been raw at this point). Cool in the pan (I depanned mine after about 20 minutes with no problems).
Allow cake to cool completely in the pan.
You'll also love
- Copycat Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeño... 4.1/5 (56 Votes)
- Taco Bell Chalupa 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Grandma Mae's Norwegian Almond Bars 4.2/5 (47 Votes)
- Oreo Bowl of Goodness 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Friendship Cake with Brandied... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Spiced Bundt Cake with Apple... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes 4.3/5 (27 Votes)