- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or all-purpose potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons softened Cabot Salted Butter
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt, preferably sea or kosher, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups reduced fat (2%) milk, whole milk or cream*
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Cabot Smoky Bacon Cheddar
Adapted from cabotcheese.com
Preheat oven to 325º F.
Arrange half of potatoes over bottom of 9-by-13-inch or similar baking dish. With spatula, smear 1 tablespoon of butter over potatoes.
Scatter ground turkey and garlic evenly over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange remaining potatoes on top and smear with remaining butter.
Whisk together milk or cream and mustard; pour evenly over casserole. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes appear to be melting into milk.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar.
Place under broiler until cheese begins to color.
Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.