Spicy Sausage Pasta
My absolute favorite dinners are the easy weeknight kind. The kind that can be whipped up in thirty minutes or less from start to finish and only mess up one dish. And of course, they need to knock-my-socks-off with flavor as well! I am so in love with this spicy, creamy, cheesy pasta for all of those reasons. It is just packed with so many incredible flavors. It’s one of our new favorites — I make it all the time because it’s so yummy and easy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounce) Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced
Adapted from kevinandamanda.com
Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.
You'll also love
- IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 4.3/5 (99 Votes)
- Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Cheesy Potatoes with Bacon 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Breakfast Casserole 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Poor Man's Garlic Butter Pasta 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet Italian Sausage 4.1/5 (115 Votes)
Review this recipe