Chili-Lime Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil (2 or so tablespoons)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-cm (1/2 inch) cubes (approx 4 cups)
- 2 bell peppers, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 can black beans, drained (540mL/18 oz)
- cilantro leaves (garnish)
- lime wedges/wheels (garnish)
Adapted from sweetpeasandsaffron.com
In a large skillet or pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, and brown (approximately 6 minutes). Don't worry about cooking it right through.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the sweet potato, and cook for 10-12 minutes, until browned. I found it browned better when I didn't stir it too frequently, only every 2-3 minutes.
Add the bell peppers, red onion, chili powder, cumin, salt and chicken stock. Return the chicken to the pan. Stir so that everything is well combined.
Cover and cook for another 10 or so minutes, stirring once or twice. Chicken and sweet potato should be cooked through.
Add the black beans and lime zest, and cook until heated through.
Taste for salt, and add more if needed.
You'll also love
- Greek Yogurt with Lemon... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Spiced Okra 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Giant Grilled Stuffed Zucchini 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Potatoes-Thrice-Cooked Fries 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Powered Up Potato Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pasta - Figs,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- sweet potato pancake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)