Powered Up Potato Salad
Tired of the same old potato salad recipe? This recipe colorful baby potatoes and mustard seeds instead of mustard, for a subtler dish.
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups red cabbage, diced
- 24 ounces tri-color baby potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons safflower or canola oil
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from health.com
In a bowl, stir vinegar, sugar, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt until sugar dissolves. Stir in mustard seeds and cabbage.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain potatoes; let cool slightly. Fold into cabbage mixture with oil and chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Spicy Pineapple Chili 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Flounder Stuffed with Broccoli and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Middle Eastern Leeks With Yogurt,... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Potato Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Kuri and Apple Soup with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Fresh Pickle Relish 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Ham 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Spinach, Arugula, Almond &... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe