Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake
Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake is the gluten-free, chocolate indulgence, rich, and moist cake made from coconut flour, good-quality chocolate, and real vanilla. This recipe is perfect for any celebratory dessert, birthday cake, or just when you're craving a good-quality chocolate cake. Serve this recipe with the ice cream of your choice, freshly whipped cream, and rich, fudgy chocolate icing.
- 1/4 cup Naked Chocolate or a quality cocoa, about 30-grams or 1-ounce
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, see notes, about 35-grams or 1.25-ounces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder, about 7-grams
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or organic maple syrup, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil or melted coconut oil or melted butter, about 60-milliliters or 2-ounces
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from thehealthychef.com
Preheat oven to 320°F or 160°C.
Combine the cocoa, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add the eggs, honey, vanilla, and oil. Mix well until smooth and combined.
Spoon onto a small 6 to 10-inch or 15 to 20-centimeter baking tin lined with baking paper--the smaller the tin the higher the cake will rise, or alternatively spoon into 8 lined cupcake tins.
Bake the cake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Bake smaller cupcakes for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool in pan.
Enjoy alone or with your choice of frosting.
You'll also love
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix & A Can of... 3.9/5 (1004 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cupcakes with... 4.3/5 (77 Votes)
- Fresh Corn Chowder (adapted from... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Caramel Sauce with Grand Marnier,... 3.7/5 (51 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields' Gingerbread Men 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- No Bake Munchkins / Chocolate... 3.9/5 (92 Votes)
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Quinoa, Zucchini, & Leek Curried... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)