Butternut Squash Pizza with Glazed Brussels Sprouts Hazelnuts & Dates
Butternut squash pizza with veggies, nuts and dates is very tasty combination!
- 11 ball pizza dough-homemade or store bought
- 2 1/2cups2 1/2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch size cubes (the smaller the faster they will cook up!)
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half (for larger sprouts quarter them)
- 3/4cup3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons olive oil, divided plus more for baking
- Small pinchSmall pinch cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup1/2 cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2cup1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- PinchPinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt, to finish
- Minced parsley for serving, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from dishingupthedirt.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Toss cubed butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
Toss brussels sprouts and onion with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper and place on a separate prepared baking sheet.
Place both baking trays of vegetables in the oven and roast until squash is fork tender and brussels are lightly browned. About 13 to 15 minutes. Toss veggies halfway through cooking. Keep a close eye on the onion and remove it from the oven sooner if it starts to burn.
Once butternut squash is cool enough to handle place it in a food processor or blender with a pinch of cinnamon and process until smooth.
On a floured surface roll out your pizza dough. Spread the butternut squash evenly and top with brussels, onion and dates. Sprinkle with a small amount of crushed red pepper flakes, drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of sea salt.
Bake in the oven until the crust is browned on the edges. About 10 to 15 minutes (depending on your dough). When pizza looks like it is almost done remove it from the oven and evenly sprinkle the hazelnuts. Place back in the oven for a few more minutes or just until the hazelnuts begin to brown.
Serve warm and enjoy!
You'll also love
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover... 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Blueberry Zucchini Cake w/ Lemon... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Southwestern Pork Tenderloin with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Yellow Salad with Citrus-Date... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Spicy... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Sesame-Crusted Beef and Spinach... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Rösti Cakes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- How to Make Vegan Sauces & Gravies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe