Sweet Potato Hash with Spicy Hollandaise
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce spice up a hollandaise sauce mix that's spooned over sweet potato hash and poached eggs for this enticing breakfast entree recipe.
- 8 bacon slices, thick-sliced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (9-ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Fresh chives
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In 12-inch skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble half of bacon. Drain all but 3 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Meanwhile cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until just tender; drain.
In skillet, cook onion in hot drippings until tender. Add sweet potatoes and cook until potatoes begin to crisp and brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper; transfer to bowl. Stir in crumbled bacon and maple syrup; keep warm.
Rinse skillet and fill half full of water. Add vinegar to water; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer (bubbles should barely break the surface of the water). Break one egg into measuring cup. Holding the lip of the cup as close to the water as possible, slide egg slowly into water. Repeat with remaining eggs, allowing each egg an equal amount of space. Simmer eggs, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Remove eggs with slotted spoon and place them in large pan of warm water to keep them warm.
In small saucepan, combine milk, butter, and hollandaise sauce mix. Whisk and heat over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in peppers.
To serve, transfer sweet potato hash to serving plate, top with two poached eggs, and cover eggs with hollandaise. Top with bacon strips and chives.
You'll also love
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover... 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Cranberry Tart 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Sesame Encrusted Salmon 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Sesame-Crusted Beef and Spinach... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Rösti Cakes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- How to Make Vegan Sauces & Gravies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian Christmas Turkey Stuffing 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- SWEET POTATO PIE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)