Sesame-Crusted Beef and Spinach Salad
Sirloin steak gets broiled with sesame seeds to form a crust, then sliced thin and topped on baby spinach dressed with orange-mint vinaigrette.
- ORANGE-MINT VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 (12-ounce) boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until almost desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 11 to 13 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 16 to 18 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F).
Brush mustard on top of the steak; sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds. Turn steak over; brush with the remaining mustard and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds. Broil about 4 minutes more or until sesame seeds are lightly browned, turning once halfway through broiling time.
Divide spinach among four serving plates. Top with garbanzo beans and onion. Thinly slice steak across the grain; arrange on salads. Top with apricots. Drizzle with Orange-Mint Vinaigrette.
In a blender blend together all ingredients until emulsified.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Rösti Cakes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Kabocha and Mushrooms with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Eggplant Creole Appetizer with... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- How to Make Vegan Sauces & Gravies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Venison Stroganoff 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Barley Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Chicken Pozole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Plum Good Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)