Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls
Who knew popcorn could be a decadent dessert? You'll love the sweet/salty combination of the popcorn, caramel, and chocolate. And, you'll love how easy these are to make.
Tip: Spraying cooking spray on your hands before forming the popcorn balls will prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- 25 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 10 cups salted plain popped popcorn
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 teaspoons course sea salt
- Cooking spray
Melt the caramel candies with the heavy cream and butter in a medium-size saucepan on low heat, stirring often. Add the marshmallows and, stirring often, heat until they're completely melted.
Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the caramel mixture on top. Working quickly, using a rubber spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray, gently fold the caramel mixture into the popcorn. Immediately, spray your hands with cooking spray and form the popcorn balls into the size of golf balls. Place them on a nonstick cookie sheet to cool.
Meanwhile, fill a small saucepan with an inch of water and bring it to a boil. Place the chocolate in a small bowl and then melt it over the boiling water. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the popcorn balls with a teaspoon. Then, sprinkle the sea salt on top.
You'll also love
- Orange Cranberry Bread 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Amish Broccoli Bake 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Cucumber Bites with Herbed Cream... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Creme Brulee 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Raspberry Almond Thumbprint... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- No Bake Bourbon Pecan Truffles 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Ghost Cake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)