Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
Eating Paleo? You can still enjoy Chicken Pad Thai! This recipe uses broccoli slaw instead of noodles, and is full of other healthy ingredients!
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (more if you use breast meat, less if you use thigh meat)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pound chicken meat, cut into small 1” chunks
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, or use 1 more tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoon fresh or good quality bottled lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin julienne strips
- 4 to 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Adapted from thepaleomom.com
Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic, cook about 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
Add fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice and vinegar. Cook at a rapid simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Add broccoli slaw and julienned carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft but still firm, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Toss or garnish with green onion and cilantro. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Stovetop Chicken & Broccoli... 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Taco Casserole 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Korean Stir Fry Udon & Chicken 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Japanese Chicken Stir Fry 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Polynesian Honey-Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.4/5 (31 Votes)