Stovetop Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Love chicken and broccoli casserole but it usually makes too much of a mess to make? This recipe is made in one skillet - no extra bowls or pans! Easy to make, and a family favorite.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Jack or Cheddar cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Place noodles in a large skillet. Pour broth over the noodles. Layer chicken, then broccoli over the noodles.
Whisk milk, mayonnaise, flour, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over the broccoli.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the noodles and chicken are cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
When the casserole is done, sprinkle cheese on top and broil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken and Stuffing Bake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Broccoli Chicken Divan 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad of Wonder 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe