Korean Stir Fry Udon & Chicken
- 370 g Skinless chicken thigh (3 medium to large pieces, cleaned/rinsed in cold water and thinly sliced)
- 270 g Fresh baby bok choy leaves (3 medium bundles, separated and cleaned/rinsed in cold water)
- 230 g Brocoli (1 medium to large, cleaned/washed in cold water, stem trimmed and cut into small florets)
- 210 g Carrots (1 large, cleaned/skin peeled and chopped into long strips)
- 20 g Red capsicum (1/5 large, cleaned and seeded, chopped into long strips)
- 600 g Fresh udon noodles
- Marinade sauce (mix this sauce well in a small bowl)
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp gochujang
- 3 sprinkles of ground black pepper
Adapted from mykoreankitchen.com
Prepare the ingredients as mentioned in the above ingredients section. (I used the baby bok choy without chopping it, but you could cut them if you wish.)
Marinate the chicken with the marinade sauce for 30 mins.
Heat the wok on the stove for 10 seconds on high heat. Add some vegetable oil (I use rice bran oil) and spread the oil with the spatula. Then add the marinated chicken (with all sauce) and cook it for 3 to 5 mins on high heat. Stir it occasionally.
Reduce the heat to medium high and add all the vegetables. Stir them well. Cook it for 3 to 5 mins.
While you are cooking the chicken from step 3, boil some water in a sauce pan (it takes 5 to 8 mins). Dip the fresh udon noodles and leave it for 3 to 5 mins. During this time, lighly separate the noodles using tongs and/or chopstics. This is to parboil the fresh udon noodles. I prefer soaking udon noodles in warm/hot water before using, as it separates the noodles easily and the sauce gets absorbed better. (However this step can be skipped. In that case, you will need to cook it longer in the next step.) After the time is lapsed, drain the water.
Add the udon noodles into the wok and mix them well with the rest of ingredients in the wok for 1 to 2 mins.
Serve them on a plate and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Chessy Turkey Meatloaf 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Mushroom Quiche 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Nashville-Style Hot Chicken 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Korean Chicken Wrap 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- One-Pot Garden Chicken and Noodles 4.6/5 (18 Votes)