Louisiana Chicken Pasta
Time:Prep Time:45 Min. Total Time:1 Hr. 45 Min.
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 bonless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- CAJUN SAUCE
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3/4 small red onions (chopped)
- 3 whole garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pints whipping cream
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp. fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) package bow tie pasta
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
Adapted from tastebook.com
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add yellow and red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion to same skillet, until crip-tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to skillet and saute 3 minutes.
4. Add whipping cream and chicken stock.
5. Simmer until sauce re-heats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
6. Add basil and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate.
7. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmer; sauce will reduce and thicken.
8. Wash and drain chicken breasts.
9. Pound until very thin (the thinner the better).
10. Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
11. Place milk in dish for dipping.
12. Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
13. Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium high temperature until golden crisp and cooked through.
14. Add more oil as needed.
15. Remove and drain chicken; keep warm.
16. Meanwhile, cook bow-tie pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
17. Drain and return to pot.
18. Add sauce and toss to coat.
19. Place pasta with sauce on plate, and top with chicken breast.
20. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
You'll also love
- Balsamic Chicken with Olives and... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Homemade Chicken Fingers 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Tomato Macaroni Cheese Bake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Kawasaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Flaky Chicken Pot Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles 4/5 (127 Votes)