Baked Crispy Chicken
Baked crispy chicken smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce. Serve with rice or potatoes and your favorite veggie for a full and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, or 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from 77easyrecipes.com
Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400°F. for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
In a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Stuffing in Crockpot 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Savory Mexican Quiche 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwiches 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Coconut-Almond Cream Cake 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Healthy, Low-Calorie Chicken... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Cream Cheese... 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Chicken Strips 4.4/5 (17 Votes)