Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Chicken and wild rice soup is perfect for warming you and your family up on a cool day. Serve with some crackers to crunch up in the soup!
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cook wild rice in 4 cups of water for 45 minutes or until it fluffs up. Drain any remaining liquid left in the pot. Set aside.
In a large pot, add vegetable oil. Sauté onions, carrots, and celery until soften, about 3 minutes. Add dried thyme and all-purpose flour. Cook and stir for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
Add cooked chicken, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and allow soup to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add cooked wild rice and pour in half-and-half. Bring soup back up to a boil and allow it to heat through, about 5 minutes.
Turn off heat. Stir in chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Chamorro Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Midnight Pasta 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork and Rice Meatball Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Flaky Chicken Pot Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spanish Chicken and Rice 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken, Mushroom & Wild Rice... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)