Dutch Oven Baked Beans with Crisp Bacon
Make your own baked beans from scratch with this easy recipe. This recipe calls for cooking on a barbecue with charcoals, a perfect recipe for when you are camping.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pablono chili, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced salt
- 2 cups sweet and sticky B.B.Q. sauce. ( your favorite, but I recommend " Baby Ray's Honey )
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans baked beans ( again, your fav.)
- 1 (19-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinced
- 1 (19-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinced
- 2 to 3 pounds lean bacon, thin sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from roguedutchovencookers.blogspot.com
In a 12" Dutch oven, with about 14 to 16 charcoals under, heat oil, saute garlic, onions, and chili, salt to taste; stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tinder. About 8 minutes.
Remove veggies, and reserve. Remove from heat, line the oven with the bacon up the inside of oven and let hang over the out side.
In a mixing bowl; mix all the beans and the B.B.Q. sauce, and veggies. Pour the bean mixture in the bacon lined Dutch oven. Lay the bacon over the top of the beans in the reverse direction as you put them in. Made a neat pinwheel.
Place lid on oven with 18 to 20 charcoals in top, and only 8 to 10 under the oven. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes,and serve.
You'll also love
- Watermelon Peach Caprese Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cornmeal Pancakes with Rasperry... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Moroccan-Inspired Lamb Hash 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ham Sandwiches... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Ricotta Crostini 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Candied BaconRecipe 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Quinoa, Black Bean and Avocado... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chickpeas 4.6/5 (8 Votes)