Moroccan-Inspired Lamb Hash
Ground lamb, onions, garlic, sweet potato, carrots and spices combine to make this flavorful Moroccan-Inspired Hash.
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 organic yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves organic garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 organic sweet potato, diced
- 1 organic carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon organic freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground organic cloves
- 1 pinch saffron threads, rubbed and broken up with fingers
- 1 small handful organic raisins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large cast iron Dutch oven, heat fat of choice (I used rendered bacon fat) over medium-high heat. Add ground lamb and sea salt. Let cook 5 minutes, breaking up slightly with a wooden spoon. Add chopped onions and lower the heat to medium, cook 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Stir in sweet potatoes and carrots and cook 10-12 minutes.
Cover, lower heat to medium-low and cook another 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Finally, add ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, saffron, and raisins. Stir to combine and let cook another 5 minutes to let flavors combine. Check seasonings and serve.