Copycat Marie Callender's Sour Cream And Blueberry Pie
This blueberry pie is so easy to make! Start with a prepared and baked crust, and the filling uses a can of blueberries. Topped with a sour cream mix. Delish!
- PIE FILLING:
- 1 pie shell, baked
- 1 (15-ounce) can blueberries in heavy syrup, drained (save juice)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup red delicious apple, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin powder, unflavored
- 2 tablespoons water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a saucepan, combine diced apples with water, sugar, and salt at medium temperature until the apples are soft, about 10 minutes.
While apples are cooking, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and dissolve cornstarch.
When apples are soft add lemon juice and the saved blueberry juice, cook and stir until blended.
Stir over medium heat, add dissolved cornstarch slowly and stir constantly until thickened.
Add berries and cinnamon mix through. Remove from heat and cool before placing into cooled prepared pie shell. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
Dissolve gelatin in 2 tablespoons water and set aside. Mix the sour cream, sugar, cream cheese, dash of salt in a pan warm on low heat until sugar in dissolved and everything is mixed thoroughly, stir and watch that mixture does not burn or dry out.
When all is smooth and blended add vanilla and stir. Then gradually add gelatin until mixture has a firm consistency of soft pudding, remove from heat.
Sour cream topping may be smoothed over blueberries while lukewarm and chill. May be garnished with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Spicy Cheddar Chicken... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Shaq's Macaroni & Cheese 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Upside-Down Caramelized Apple Cake 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry & Cream Cheese Galette 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY SWEET SALAD 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Healthy Lemony Yogurt Loaf Cake 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Pies 4.5/5 (25 Votes)