Spicy Bacon Guacamole
Bacon makes this spicy guacamole so much better! Use less jalapeños if your prefer a milder version. Serve with warm tortillas or fresh tortilla chips, and get ready for the compliments to come your way. Perfect to start any party night, this recipe feeds a crowd some creamy guacamole with a hint of spicy zest.
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons drained jarred pickled jalapeño slices, chopped, plus 2 teaspoons brine
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- tortilla chips, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place the bacon in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, turning, until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined-plate to drain.
Meanwhile, halve and pit the avocados. Scoop the avocado into a medium bowl and add the lime juice, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash with a fork until combined but still a bit chunky. Add the red onions, pickled jalapeños, brine and tomatoes, reserving a few pieces of tomato for garnish.
Crumble the bacon into the bowl, saving a spoonful for garnish, and stir together to combine. Garnish with the reserved tomato and bacon and the additional pickled jalapeños. Serve with tortilla chips.
You'll also love
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Those Potatoes 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Fruit Cobbler with Cinnamon Ice... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Stacked Caprese Salad 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roast Beef, Old Fashioned Sunday... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Tamarind Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)