Fruit Cobbler with Cinnamon Ice Cream
A fun mix of fruits makes this a cobbler to remember! Cranberries, cherries and plums (or pears!) combine the tart with the sweet. Just top with ice cream!
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds large plums, pitted and cut into bite-size chunks and/or medium pears, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
- Cobbler Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk plus additional for brushing
- Brown sugar
- Purchased cinnamon ice cream
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a 10-inch cast iron skillet or other oven-going skillet combine cranberries, cherries, and water. Stir in sugar and the 3 tablespoons flour.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly.
Stir in plums; cover to keep warm.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add 1 cup milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moistened.
Gently fold and press dough against the side of the bowl until it comes together. If the dough sticks to the side of the bowl, sprinkle with a little additional flour.
Lightly flatten small portions of dough with your hands. Lay atop filling in skillet.
Brush dough lightly with milk. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. (If necessary, cover top loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent over browning.) Let cool for 30 minutes before serving with cinnamon ice cream.
You'll also love
- Sesame Ginger Sweet Teriyaki... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Sour Cream 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Stacked Caprese Salad 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Balsamic-Plum Preserves 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Pearl Onions 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pear, Walnut & Gorgonzola Salad 4.5/5 (8 Votes)