Stacked Caprese Salad
A fun twist on a caprese salad with the addition of a layer of asparagus.
- 1 very large, ripe tomato
- 1 large ball Buffalo mozzarella
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon infused olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Micro greens for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from remcooks.com
Cook the asparagus: Boil salted water in a pot. Add the asparagus spears. Cook the asparagus for roughly 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from pot and shock in ice water to stop the cooking and chill the asparagus.
Slice the tomato roughly 1/2-inch thick. Slice the mozzarella roughly the same size as the tomato slices.
Layer on a plate in order listed:
Mozzarella, season with freshly ground black pepper.
Another tomato slice, salted.
Asparagus spears (alternating direction), drizzled with a little lemon infused olive oil.
Slice of mozzarella, peppered
More basil leaves.
Last slice of tomato.
Garnish with micro greens.
Drop little drops of balsamic vinegar on serving plate.
Serve & enjoy! :)
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (673 Votes)
- German Potato Salad Heirloom Recipe 4.5/5 (200 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)
- BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Broccoli Grape & Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Bite-Sized Greek Salads 4.6/5 (60 Votes)