Crispy Fried Tamarind Chicken
This simple recipe adds the flavor of tamarind, both sweet and sour, to savory fried chicken. It takes 3 hours for the marinade to set, so plan ahead.
- 3 to 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tamarind extract
- Salt, to taste
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
Adapted from awesomecuisine.com
Pour the chicken stock into a large pan and simmer for a minute. Add the chicken drumsticks and cook for 10 to 20 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
Combine the tamarind extract, salt and some hot water in a bowl. Mix well and pour this over the chicken drumsticks. Cover and keep aside for 2 to 3 hours. Drain well and pat dry.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame. Fry the drumsticks until golden and crisp. Remove and drain excess oil.
Serve at once.
You'll also love
- Classic Lasagna 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Cacciatore - Baked 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken with Lime,... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Basic Fondue 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Supreme Pizza Dip 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Takeout Asian-Style Fried Chicken... 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple and Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)