Linguine with Shrimp Scampi (GF)
This is from the Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook and ingredients are substituted to make the recipe gluten free.
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound brown rice pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flake
Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
When the pasta is done, drain and rinse the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
You'll also love
- Gorgonzola Burgers with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spread - Festive Tuna Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Oyster Po' Boys 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and scallion stir fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stringozzi (or linguini) con... 0/5 (0 Votes)