Vegetable Beef Soup
The best veggie soup in the world.
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 pounds beef roast cut up into chunks (I use a rump roast)
- 1 large onion cut into chunks
- 10 new potatoes, quartered
- 3 celery stocks cut into chunks
- 2 cups carrots cut into chunks
- 2 14oz cans stewed tomatoes pureed
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 cups each frozen green beans and corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pkg stew seasoning mix
- 4 cups water
Brown the cut up beef with the chopped onion and celery in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add pureed stewed tomatoes , beef broth and the beef stew seasoning mix.
Simmer for 30 minutes. Add carrots and
potatoes. Add water and Simmer for another 30 minutes.
Stir in the frozen vegetables. Check the seasonings and continue to simmer for another 1 hour.