Chinese Chow Mein
Put that phone down! Why order out when you can easily make this delicious homemade Chinese chow mein. Add your favorite protein for a complete meal if desired.
- 2 (6-ounce) packages Wel Pac Chow Mein Stir Fry Noodles
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 package snap sweet peas
- 1/2 medium onion, julienne
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly peeled
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 3/4 small can baby corn, cut into halves or thirds
- 4.9 ounces water chestnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Boil pot of water for noodles.
Cook noodles for 1 minute. Remove and drain noodles. Run cold water through noodles until mostly all cool or add a little oil to noodles to prevent sticking. Set aside until needed.
Heat cooking oil in wok on medium/high heat.
Add all vegetables. for about 1 minute.
Make space in middle of wok and add sesame seed oil and then stir vegetables until your liking adding salt and pepper to taste.
Add remainder ingredients into separate small bowl and mix.
Add cooked noodles to wok and mix until combined.
Pour sauce equally over vegetables/noodles.
Turn up heat to high and stir and cook until piping hot.
Garnish with Sesame Seeds.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Chow Mein Copycat Panda Express 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Vegetable Chow Mein 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Beef & Chickpea Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger-Sesame Pork Chops with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tortellini Soup 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Meats and Vegetables over... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tips and Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tips and Noodles Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)