Red Curry Shrimp Dumplings
These pan-fried Red Curry Shrimp Dumplings are addictive, so be sure you make enough to feed your guests or family and friends. Serve with a soy sauce, sesame oil, and lime zest as a dipping sauce, and watch these little morsels get devoured. The vibrant flavors of fresh shrimp and Thai curry paste come together in this zesty appetizer that is sure to quickly become a family favorite.
- 3/4 pound shrimp, 21 to 30 count, defrosted if frozen, peeled and deveined
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add the shrimp, scallions, ginger, curry paste, and fish sauce. Pulse several times until the ingredients come together and form a finely-chopped paste.
Set out a small bowl of water.
Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, place 1 teaspoon of the shrimp mixture in the center. Wet your finger and run it around the edge of the wonton wrapper. Then, pull all corners to the center, and pinch to seal the dumpling. Repeat with remaining wontons and filling.
In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Place the dumplings flat side down in the pan, and cook for 1 minute until the bottoms are brown.
Remove the pan from the heat, and carefully pour in 1/2 cup water. Immediately cover the pan, and return it to the heat. Cook until the water is almost evaporated, approximately 3 minutes. Then, uncover, and cook until the remaining water evaporates.
Meanwhile, stir together the soy sauce, sesame oil and lime zest in a small bowl to make the dipping sauce.
Serve the dumplings right out of the pan, with dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Lemony Lemon Brownies 3.9/5 (144 Votes)
- Smashed Chickpea Sriracha Salad... 5/5 (9 Votes)
- Chayote and Shrimp Soup Seasoned... 4.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Individual Baked Oatmeal Cups 4.7/5 (39 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Stuffed with Pepper... 4.2/5 (75 Votes)
- The Best Ever Candied Yams 4/5 (90 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)