Jalapeño Popper Wontons
WARNING: Might want to double up on this recipe because once you pop one you won't be able to stop, they're delicious!
- 1 package refrigerated square wonton wrappers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Coarse salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapeños, and cheddar cheese. Arrange wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Add 1 teaspoon of the filling to the center of each wonton (don't overfill them). Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and run your wet fingers around all edges of each wonton. Fold the wontons over the filling, pinching the edges to seal to make a triangle and removing any air bubbles.
Fry wontons in batches in hot oil until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (216 Votes)
- Banana Bread Sweet & fluffy 4.1/5 (301 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4.1/5 (409 Votes)
- Hibachi Soup 3.9/5 (256 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Fritters 4.3/5 (147 Votes)
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)