French Bread in Bread Machine
Delicious homemade French bread is easy to make when you start with a bread machine. Serve hot from the oven with plenty of fresh butter . . . the loaf will be gone in no time!
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from cookingoncloverlane.blogspot.com
Place first five ingredients in bread machine, in the order listed. Set on dough cycle. When cycle is done, place dough in warm place for 30 minutes (or more if necessary), and let rise until doubled.
Once risen, punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface roll into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Cut dough in half to form two 8x12-inch rectangles. Roll up each half tightly, long wise. Taper end.
Place loaves on a greased cookie sheet. Make deep diagonal slashes every 2 inches. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
Mix water and egg yolk and brush on tops of loaves. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Christmas Morning Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Carrot Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Pretzels 4/5 (59 Votes)
- Sunday Slow Cooker: White Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Cranberry Apple Raisin Crisp 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Best Bread Machine Buns 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe