Carrot Zucchini Bread
Can't decide between carrot and zucchini bread? You don't have to choose! Both veggies team up in this quickbread with optional cream cheese frosting!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups carrots,peeled and finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, finely shredded
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and lightly flour two 8 by 4 inch loaf pans and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg for 30 seconds.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended, then add canola oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined, about 30 seconds - 1 minute.
Stir in shredded carrots and zucchini, then add flour mixture all at once. Using a rubber spatula, fold mixture just until combined.
Divide mixture between two prepared loaf pans.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes then, without removing loaves from oven, quickly tent loaves with a sheet of aluminum foil to prevent top from excessive browning. Continue to bake 15 - 20 minutes longer, or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Allow to cool in loaf pans 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Frost with cream cheese frosting if desired and top with chopped pecans. Store in an airtight container.
In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and whip on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Cake with Chocolate... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Apple Loaf 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cookies 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Tickle's Pineapple Casserole 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Tomato Rice Soup Recipe 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Country Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Red Quinoa with Roasted Butternut... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)