Christmas Morning Cinnamon Rolls
Start a new tradition this holiday season with this cinnamon roll recipe. Your kids will love watching the dough rise in the oven and they’ll love eating these sweet treats even more. Christmas Morning Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect breakfast to wake up to during the joyous holiday season. Pair with a cup of hot cocoa or freshly brewed coffee.
- 1 (2.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water brought to 110°F
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from recipe4living.com
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. In a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk until warm to the touch. Pour the buttermilk and oil into the yeast mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir the flour mixture into the liquid 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 20 times. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a large rectangle. Spread the brown sugar and butter mixture over the dough, roll up into a log and pinch the seam to seal.
Slice into 1 inch pieces and place cut side up in a lightly greased 10x15-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
If baking immediately, preheat oven to 400°F. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Carrot Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cookies 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Pretzels 4/5 (55 Votes)
- Sunday Slow Cooker: White Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Easter Peep S'mores 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Glühwein, Spiced Austrian &... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Popcorn Toffee Crack Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Snowman Mini Donuts 4.4/5 (23 Votes)