Lemon Orzo with Asparagus

Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving Calories 270 Calories from Fat 90 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10g 15% Saturated Fat 1.5g 8% Trans Fat Cholesterol 0% Sodium 550mg 23% Potassium 400mg 11% Total Carbohydrate 40g 13% Dietary Fiber 6g 24% Sugars 2g Protein 9g Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 60% Calcium 8% Iron 25% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 270 Calories Directions 35

Lemon Orzo with Asparagus

Photo by


  • Prep Time

    minutes

  • Total Time

    minutes

  • Servings

    servings


Ingredients

  • 1

    lemon (zested)

  • 1

    lemon

  • 3

    cloves garlic (minced)

  • salt

  • pepper

  • ¼

    cup olive oil ? Tasty tip

  • 1

    lb asparagus

  • 2

    cups chicken broth ? Tasty tip

  • 2

    cups water

  • 1

    tsp salt

  • ¼

    tsp tumeric

  • cups orzo pasta

  • ¼

    cup fresh parsley (chopped)

Directions

INSTRUCTIONS Dressing Place the lemon zest, juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a deep medium bowl. Add oil and whisk until it emulsifies a bit. Set aside. Orzo Snap the end pieces off the asparagus and lay the asparagus stalks in a baking dish, 9x13 inch. Pour boiling water over the asparagus (just enough to cover it), cover dish with plastic wrap and let sit until the water is warm to the touch. Drain water and cut the asparagus stalks into 2 inch pieces. Place the chicken broth and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the salt and turmeric and bring back to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain orzo, but do not rinse it. Place the hot orzo in a large bowl, add the asparagus and parsley. Whisk the dressing if needed and pour it over the salad. Mix well. Top with butter if preferred. NUTRITION INFORMATION Calories: 248 Fat: 10.0g Saturated fat: 1.5g Unsaturated fat: 0.0g Trans fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 33.6g Sugar: 1.9g Sodium: 856mg Fiber: 2.2g Protein: 8.1g Cholesterol: 38mg


Nutrition

Facebook Conversations