This glistening, citrus-infused syrup is like a beam of sunshine in the morning. Absolutely amazing over cornmeal pancakes or a bowl of fresh fruit.
Yields: 1 cup syrup
- 1 cup organic honey
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- (optional: 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier)
Adapted from smksb-group3.blogspot.com
Wash an orange and zest completely.
Juice the orange.
In a small pot, whisk together honey and the freshly squeezed orange juice over medium heat.
Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil and the orange juice is completely incorporated.
Remove from heat and stir in orange zest.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Transfer to a jug for serving or a glass jar for storing.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Cream Soup 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Red Potato Colcannon( Irish... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Winning Apricot Bars 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Pie Bites 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Francese with Couscous... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Blue Wasabi’s Lemon Raspberry... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- “Get Your Orange” Flax Smoothie 4.5/5 (12 Votes)