Sweet Chili Shrimp Po' Boy
Nutritional Facts: CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 580kcal; FAT 18g; SAT FAT 2g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 1810mg; CARB 83g; FIBER 5g; SUGARS 18g; PROTEIN 21g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 45%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
- 1 loaf Bakery French (or Cuban) bread
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-oz) box frozen southern-style popcorn shrimp
- 4 cups shredded 3-color coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup refrigerated ginger salad dressing
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from publix.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut bread in half lengthwise, leaving 1/2-inch uncut, then cut into 4 equal pieces.
Slice tomato and onion.
1. Bake shrimp following package instructions.
2. Combine coleslaw mix and dressing until blended.
3. Whisk mayonnaise, chili sauce, and ponzu until blended. Toss shrimp with mayonnaise mixture until evenly coated. Divide shrimp over bread; top with tomatoes, onions, and slaw. Serve.
*Complete your meal with onion rings, sweet tea, Plum Cake with whipped topping.
*For a spicy kick, add 2 teaspoons pepper sauce to mayonnaise mixture for the sandwiches.